In this my first blog, I am going to look at change and using crystals to help us during times of change.
Change is an inevitable part of life. But as Bob Dylan said “the times they are a changing” and this is especially true at present:-
- The two lunar eclipses on 1st and 15th June have caused many changes, including changes in the energy and how we are feeling. The lunar eclipse on 1st July will no doubt have brought about more change
- Changes are happening politically – people power is making the government re-think policies
- Teachers and public service employees strike to try to bring about change
- The first woman has just been appointed as head of the International Monetary Fund
- In recent months there have been many changes in the Middle East
- It is also time for personal change
Calcite is a great crystal that can help us in so many ways in these changing times.
- Calcite is a powerful amplifier and cleanser of energy. Simply having Calcite in a room cleans negative energy from the environment and heightens personal energy
- It removes stagnant energy from the body
- Calcite has a positive effect for those who have lost hope or motivation
- Calcite combats laziness, helping one to become more energetic on all levels of life
- Mentally, Calcite calms the mind
- Calcite boosts the memory. It facilitates knowing which information is important, then retaining it
- Calcite helps us to put ideas into action
- Calcite alleviates emotional stress and replaces it with serenity
- It helps you to overcome setbacks
- Calcite is a stabilising stone, enhancing trust in yourself
- Calcite is a teacher, helping you to appreciate the creative forces of nature
In addition, various colours have the following properties:–
A gentle stone for recuperation and relaxation. It lowers blood pressure and dissolves pain on all levels. Blue Calcite gently soothes the nerves and lifts anxieties. It also releases negative emotions. When used on the throat chakra, Blue Calcite aids clear communication, especially where there is dissent. Blue Calcite can absorb energy, filter it, and return it to benefit the sender.
This is a “cure-all”, especially as an elixir. It is a powerful detoxifier. At a physical level it acts as an antiseptic and at a subtle level it cleanses and aligns all the chakras. A Clear Calcite with rainbows brings about major change – it is a stone of new beginnings. Clear Calcite brings the gift of deep soul healing and revitalisation of the subtle bodies. It opens and clears the eyes (including the Third Eye Chakra).
This is a mental healer, dissolving rigid beliefs and old programs and restoring balance to the mind. It helps in letting go of what is familiar and comforting, but which is no longer of serves, and aids communication and the transition from stagnant to a positive situation. Green Calcite helps children to hold their own in debates. It is a powerful stimulator of the immune system and is especially useful in grids. This stone absorbs negativity and rids the body if bacterial infections. It benefits arthritis and constrictions of the ligaments or muscles and is helpful in bone adjustments. It’s green rays cools fevers, burns, and inflammation, calms the adrenals, and soothes
anger-generated dis-ease. Green Calcite placed regularly on the body absorbs dis-ease and should be cleansed thoroughly after use.
This is a highly energising and cleansing stone, especially for the lower chakras. Orange Calcite balances the emotions, removes fear and overcomes depression. It dissolves problems and maximises potential. This stone heals the reproductive system, gallbladder and intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and removes mucus from the system.
Pink Calcite (Mangano)
This is a heart crystal in contact with the angelic realm. A stone of forgiveness, it releases fear and grief that keeps the heart trapped in the past, bringing in unconditional love. It aids self worth and self-acceptance, heals nervous conditions, and lifts tension and anxiety. This stone prevents nightmares. Pink Calcite’s loving energy gently dissolves resistance. It is helpful for anyone who has suffered trauma or assault.
This increases energy, uplifts emotions, aids willpower and opens the heart chakra. It removes stagnant energy, including constipation and dissolves blockages. It resonates with the base chakra, which it energises and heals. It alleviates fear, bringing understanding of the source. At a physical level, it heals hips and lower limb problems, loosening up joints. On a subtle level it
removes the blockages that prevents you from stepping forward in your life.
Yellow or Golden Calcite
This is a great eliminatorand stimulates the will. It’s energy, especially as am elixir, is uplifting. It enhances meditation, inducing a deep sense of relaxation and spirituality, linking to the highest source of spiritual guidance. It stimulates the higher mind. Use at the crown and solar plexus chakras.
All crystals need cleansing and programming before use. If you do not know how to do this go to my website http://www.bodyinbalance.org.uk/choose.htm for instructions on how to do so.
Then I suggest that you hold your chosen piece of calcite or place as appropriate (in a room, on your body, in your pocket etc)
- You can wear your calcite as a pendant or wear Calcite jewellery
- Place pieces of calcite around the bed in a matrix/grid
- Use as an elixir (I run workshops on how to make crystal elixirs)
- Beneficial when placed on the chakras
I suggest that you pick a Calcite colour that you feel is most appropriate to your needs at this time and then just choose a crystal that you are drawn to. Remember to cleanse and programme the crystal before use. Take some deep breaths and just hold the Calcite and be inspired to change!
If you are new to crystals and feel a bit daunted by this, just take a deep breath and give it a try!
Calcite can be purchased from £1 a piece, so is not too much of an outlay to help you through changing times.
There are of course other crystals to help with change, but that is perhaps for another blog or workshop!
Please do contact me if you have any feedback or comments on my first blog or if you have any suggestions for future blog topics.
Enjoy these changing times and enjoy using Calcite to help you 🙂
Permission is granted to copy and redistribute this blog on the condition that the content remains complete and in tact, full credit is given to the author(s), and that it is distributed freely.